About your host
and the studios
Built in the 18th century
2 Studios, 4 Guests
Studios at the Canal
Although my studios are a unique place to stay in Amsterdam, you’re certainly not the first to stay here! The house was built in the first half of the 18th century. Memories have been made here for 300 years! The house has been designated a monument, which means that while the place was recently renovated to modern standards, all the authentic details remain intact. Both inside and outside, you can feel the history.
From the Canal View Room, you can see the Rosa Overbeekbrug, a beautiful old bridge that connects the Eerste Bloemdwarsstraat and the Tweede Leliedwarsstraat. This bridge is definitely worth taking a closer look at! Most of the time, it will be decorated by the neighbour across the street with beautiful flowers to honour the name of the Bloemgracht (“bloem” is Dutch for flower).
About Your Stay
Whether you are planning a solo retreat, a work trip with colleagues or a romantic couple’s getaway, the studios can be easily adopted to your preferences.
Your LOCAL Host
My name is Tessa and I have been living in Amsterdam for more than 15 years now. A while ago, I decided to share the joy of living here through hosting everyone who’s interested in a B&B. I am a very energetic person, always down for new and exciting projects. My typical day starts with an early kickboxing or running session, after which I love to stroll home along the canals with a cup of coffee from my favourite local coffee bar. On weekends, I like to meet up with friends or enjoy a nice outdoor lunch. On Saturdays, specifically, I like to take my bike to the Noordermarkt, where they serve the best apple pie in town. Every once in a while, I like to do something cultural. The Rijksmuseum is one of my favourite places to unwind. All this can be done perfectly from the location of my home! I’d love to welcome you to my beautiful place at the Bloemgracht – personally my favourite canal in Amsterdam, of course 😉 – and I have lots of recommendations for you to see, do and enjoy in all possible ways!
Coffee and tea pantry
Nespresso machine and water heater available. Pantry also includes private fridge and freezer.
Laptop-friendly work space
A table or desk with space for a laptop and a comfortable chair.
Toilet paper, towels, hairdryer & soap available. The entire studio is heated by an underfloor heating system.
- Free WiFi
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Underfloor heating
- Towel, bedding, soap and toilet paper
- Lock on bedroom door
- Fire extinguisher
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Smoke detector
Have a Question?
Checkin & Checkout
Check-in: After 3:00 PM
Checkout: 11:00 AM
I recommend one of the following options:
Q-Park Europarking (Marnixstraat 250) is the closest. It is only a ten minute walk from the studio, but comes at a cost: €45 per day.
P+R Bos & Lommer costs €8 for the first 24 hours and €1 for each following day. From here you get to the studio by public transport in 15-20 minutes. Note: If you do not use the public transport, you pay the full parking tariff of €13.50 per day.
For up-to-date information on all parking options, check this website.
Full refund if canceled up to 30 days prior to arrival. If you book less than 30 days before arrival, you will receive a full refund if you cancel within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 days before arrival. After that, if you cancel up to seven days before arrival, you will receive a 50% refund. If you wait any longer, you will not receive a refund.
This place isn’t suitable for children under 12 and the host does not allow pets, parties, or smoking.
From Schiphol Airport: The shortest way is to take the train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Zuid. From here, you take tram 5 to Bloemgracht, which is a 3-minute walk from the studios. If you do not want to transfer, you can take bus 397 to Elandsgracht, which takes you 10 minutes to walk to your room.
From Amsterdam Central: Tram 13 & 17 will take you to Marnixstraat/Rozengracht, which is 5 minutes from the studios. These trams ride every 3-4 minutes.
Tickets are available at the train stations and in the trams. Check www.9292.nl (local travel planner) for up-to-date travel advice.
- Toki: Popular spot for coffee and matcha lovers with many Japanese-style elements.
- Morgan & Mees: Modern place with open kitchen; great for meetings.
- Kessens: Try Amsterdam’s authentic Holtkamp croquettes.
- Small World: Cosy lunch place with Australian owner.
- Ikaria: Located a small 15 minutes from the studios, this is a great place to go for a cup of coffee if you like to walk along the city’s canals.
- Raïnaraï: Traditional Algerian cuisine. Halal, organic, and a variety of vegetarian/vegan options.
- Foodhallen: Choose from different food stalls under one roof.
- Vegabond: Vegan lunchroom and grocery store located on the cosy De Clercqstraat.
- Meatless District: Dinner place with open kitchen, 100% plant-based.
- Anne Frank House: 500 meters from the studios, you will find this biographical museum dedicated to Jewish wartime diarist Anne Frank.
- Museumplein: Cultural hotspot for art lovers! This square is home to the three major museums in Amsterdam: the Rijksmuseum, the Stedelijk Museum of Modern Art and the Van Gogh Museum.
Bars & Lounges
- Waterkant: Tropical café/restaurant by the waterfront in downtown Amsterdam.
- Cafe de Nieuwe Lelie: Enjoy a classic Dutch snack board wile sipping from a beer.
- Cafe Thijssen: Casual and authentic bar where you can play board games or participate in a pub quiz.
- DiVino: Classy Italian wine bar and restaurant.
Outdoor & Adventure
- VR Adventure: Take the ferry to cross the IJ and you will find the A’DAM tower on your left, where you can play a VR escape room and other VR games.
- Bike City: Rent a bike and explore the city like a local!
Yoga & More
- The Conscious Club: Spiritual and sustainable hotspot located in an old chocolate factory.
- The White Door Studio: Inspirational space for yoga, workshops, but also interior design.
- De Nieuwe Yogaschool: Peaceful yoga studio with much natural sunlight.
- Quick & Clean: Laundry service at the Rozengracht 59
Secure your stay
We Have a Vacancy!
Studios at the Canal is a popular residence for visitors of Amsterdam. Want to secure your stay? Check the availability now!